It was our school sports carnival yesterday and we had such lovely weather for it. It was a great day but James and Bella were pretty worn out at the end of the day (so was I actually and I didn't even have to run, lol).
Thankyou for all the headache answers - it's a little fainter today so hopefully will continue to fade over the next week.
Jhoanna tagged me over on her beautiful One Red Robin blog, so here we go:
1) When did you start to create and make craft?
I used to make fabric photo frames and smock the fronts of dresses (Mum would sew them up) when I was at high school and sell them in a craft shop. They sold nicely and were a good boost to my pocket money. Thinking about this question, I've always dabbled in a little craft over the years, cross stitch (how long does this take!!) and then every Christmas when we were first married (I was married at 20 years) I would usually create some sort of Christmas decorations for the tree - these were very dorky I must say!
2) Why did you start creating? My Mum has always sewed, knitted etc.. and my Grandmother also knitted and crocheted, so I guess it was imminent that I would follow. These days I really love creating for James and Bella. When James was about 5 years old (and Bella a baby) I decided to buy a sewing machine to sew dress up costumes for them both.
3) Why do you create? It's a nice way to fill in an evening and I really love the satisfaction of finishing off a project and thinking that I've actually created it myself from scratch. I also find it really relaxing to sit down and scrapbook/sew.
4) What do you create? Scrapbook pages and mini albums for our family and also for my nephew/niece (they have an album each that I'm slowly filling with layouts). In the past year I've also started using my sewing machine to sew a few different projects - quilts, toys, different bits and pieces. Oh I love to do a little hand embroidery too.
5) Has this changed since you began crafting? Definitely. I'm more confident now to try new things and projects that would have scared me to death several years ago. I'm also lucky to have a very clever and talented friend (Cathy) that knows how to do every craft imaginable...so I just pester her if I'm ever stuck.
If you would like to do this tag, please feel free - and I'd love to read your answers too so please let me know if you do :O)
Here's a layout that I did for the Aussie Scrap Source Blog - the theme being BRIGHTS!