This is the best guacamole recipe - well, we think so! It's a variation of several recipes that I've found over the years and since we had it tonight on top of tacos, I thought I'd share.
- 1 medium avocado - mashed with fork
- 1/4 red capsicum - finely chopped
- 8 finely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 - 1/2 of a large finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise - I use Praise 97% fat free creamy mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Mash the avocado, add the mayonnaise and sour cream - mix well with a spoon. Add in the remainder of the ingredients and mix well again.
Serves 4 and they're really big servings! For anybody doing Weight Watchers - it's 3 Pro Points per serve.
Super nice on toast, crackers, mexican food and steak or a chicken breast. Well, we love the guacamole on lots of things!