Hello there! Long time, no blogging. I can barely remember how to type a post, that's how long it's been. Thank you for the super lovely comments and emails asking if everything was okay in my world. Yes, we're all good here - it's just that I'm still fine tuning the whole new job/home/family life thing.
Here's a quick recap of my last couple of weeks:
- I taught a new friend how to do Tunisian crochet.
- Bella's leg warmers are nearly finished, just another inch to go.
- I'm thinking about my next knitting project already and hoping to give the Aspen neck cowl a whirl.
- James has been entering quite a few mountain bike races and doing really well.
- I always take along my crochet or knitting to do while he's riding, but I rarely manage more than a few rows.
- Bella entered her first fun run last weekend.
- It felt like zero degrees while we watched. Oh wait, I think it was!
- We warmed up with hot chocolate afterwards.
- I've been doing lots of cooking every weekend and trying to freeze a few meals.
- We really need a freezer as it's getting trickier to squish everything into the small space above the fridge.
- I've been reading Rhonda's fabulous book, Down To Earth.
- My magazine drooling has involved Real Living and Mollie Makes.
- I also ordered a book about making sour cream, soft cheeses and other interesting goodies for the kitchen. I'll share it soon!
- Although this space has been a little bit quiet, I've been busy blogging over at The Aproneers. My latest post is all about apples and what we've been doing with them at home.
- I find that I'm reaching for my good old fashioned recipe books quite a bit. You know the ones that have been typed up, photocopied and hand stapled/binded together? So good.
- My Thermomix has been having a thorough workout and I just bought 3 litres of cream to turn into butter and freeze.
- If you haven't purchased a copy of the latest Etzcetera magazine then you must! It's full of inspirational ideas, stories and crafting, plus there's an 11 (eleven!) page article on meeeee inside.
- My mother-in-law had a birthday and we celebrated with a lunch time barbecue. I bought her a copy of Unexpected Afghans: Innovative Crochet Designs with Traditional Techniques and it's beyond fabulous. I'm adding this book to my own wish list - want, want, want!!
I think that will do for tonight - will be back soon. What have YOU been doing over the last couple of weeks?