Happy Friday crafters!
Today I'm sharing a super quick outdoor craft idea with you - making your own Tic-Tac-Toe set. This is a 10 minute craft project & great for the little people to create themselves, perfect for camping and the stones can be used inside on a rainy day too - just draw up a grid on a piece of paper.
- 10 small rocks/pebbles
- Chalk : for drawing the grid outside
- Posca Pens (available at art stores & office supply stores) or other suitable permanent markers.How to:
- Step 1: Find a nice selection of flat pebbles to use.
- Step 2: Divide the pebbles into two groups of five - draw an 'O' on five rocks with a coloured Posca pen and a 'X' on the remaining five rocks.
- Step 3: Outline each letter with a black Posca pen.
- Step 4: Draw up a grid with some chalk & play!
You might like to add a clear coat of varnish (or similar) over the top of each rock to preserve the design from the outdoor elements if you like - but they will hold up pretty well in the weather so it's not super necessary.
I think a nice little drawstring bag would be a perfect addition for storage (just hang them up outside) and it would be handy for travel/camping too.