A few years ago I ran a couple of lovely swaps here on the blog and I think it might be time for another one. There's nothing nicer than finding a surprise in your mail box and since there are quite a few knitting and crocheting readers out there, this might be something fun that we can do together.
After a lot of thought I've decided to only open this swap up to my Aussie followers. There's good news though - the lovely Leonie from Kiwi At Heart is planning to run an overseas dishcloth swap on her blog very soon, so pop over there and have a look if you're reading this and desperately want to have a piece of the dishcloth love too!
For this swap you'll need to make FOUR dishcloths using cotton yarn (no acrylic or pure wool) and then pop them all in the post to me. Once all dishcloths from the swap are received, I'll sort them and mail you back four different ones. Easy peasy!
You can knit or crochet any design that takes your fancy in any colour. You might like to do two fancy schmancy designs and two plain ones to send, or you might like to do them all plain or all fancy - it doesn't matter, just whatever tickles your fancy to create at the time.
Here are the finer details:
- You will be making four dishcloths & receive four back by return mail.
- Dishcloths can be knitted or crocheted.
- All dishcloths must be made using cotton yarn.
- Please keep your dishcloths smoke & pet hair free.
- There is no size stipulation - perhaps make a size that you would enjoy receiving.
- All dishcloths will need to be in the post no later than Monday 14th October, to be received here by last mail on Friday 18th October. I will sort, repackage and mail the dishcloths back to everyone on Monday 21st October.
- You will need to include a return addressed red/white prepaid satchel from Australia Post (small size) in your package - this eliminates any incorrect postage issues on your return envelope, because remember that even if the dishcloths that you send are small and thin, you might be receiving some extra bulky ones back in the post. The small size is $8.25 and holds up to 500 grams - photo below so you know what to look for:
Would you like to join up? Just pop me through an email (email@example.com) with DISHCLOTH SWAP in the subject line. I'll then pop my mailing address through to you and a welcome email, telling you everything you need to know.
Over the next couple of days I'll post up some nice links to dishcloth patterns too and I can't wait to share photos of all the dishcloths as they roll in.
Happy knitting or crocheting,