**29/10/2013 Edited to add** After reaching a mammoth 50 sign ups for this swap, I've decided to close it off for this round. For all the dishcloth enthusiasts out there that missed out, why not start crocheting or knitting a few to save for the next swap. I'll be running swap #3 in the new year! :)
As promised, I'm now taking sign ups for a second Aussie dishcloth swap. The first one was lots of fun and in the end we had 30 creative people participating.
I've changed the rules ever so slightly for round two, so please read through ALL of the notes below before signing up. For the ladies that joined in on the first round, I've highlighted the altered rules (in red) for you in the first paragraph, just to make it easier to read.
For this swap you'll need to make FOUR dishcloths using cotton yarn (a cotton blend is fine, if you can't find 100% pure cotton) and then pop them all in the post to me.
Please use an 8 ply cotton or higher - if you only have four ply, just whip up your cloths using two balls at once. Once all dishcloths from the swap are received, I'll sort them and mail you back four different ones. Easy peasy!
You can knit or crochet any design that takes your fancy in any colour. You might like to do two fancy schmancy designs and two plain ones to send, or you might like to do them all plain or all fancy - it doesn't matter, just whatever tickles your fancy to create at the time.
Here are the finer details:
- You will be making four dishcloths & receive four back by return mail.
- Dishcloths can be knitted or crocheted.
- All dishcloths must be made using cotton yarn, 8 ply or higher.
- Please keep your dishcloths smoke & pet hair free.
- There is no size stipulation - but please make a size that you would be happy to receive back.
- All dishcloths will need to be in the post no later than Monday 18th November, to be received here by last mail on Friday 22nd November. I will sort, repackage and mail the dishcloths back to everyone on Monday 25th November.
- You will need to include a return addressed red/white prepaid satchel from Australia Post (small size) in your package - this eliminates any incorrect postage issues on your return envelope, because remember that even if the dishcloths that you send are small and thin, you might be receiving some extra bulky ones back in the post. The small size is $8.25 and holds up to 500 grams - photo below so you know what to look for:
Would you like to join up? Just pop me through an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with DISHCLOTH SWAP in the subject line. I'll then pop my mailing address through to you and a welcome email, telling you everything you need to know.
Happy knitting or crocheting,