Once you've finished writing a letter to your pen pal, it's sometimes nice to go that extra step and present it nicely before popping it in an envelope to mail off. One of my favourite ways to do this is to make a little cardstock file (more on that in another post), but when I'm a bit time poor and am also busting to get it straight into the post, I fold the letter up and just add a few little embellishments.
Here are five easy ways to do that:
1. Fold the letter up quite small, pop it in a brown paper bag, fold the bag up and add some washi tape to the front. You might like to add a greeting too!
2. Fold up your letter, use a few splotches of glue stick here and there and stick down some confetti - tie with a fabric ribbon. Boxes of confetti can be bought from most newsagencies and they're only a couple of dollars. Confetti is also fun to throw in an envelope!
3. Fold the letter, tie up with some strands of yarn and add an embellishment or sticker to one side. I used a Project Life card for this one and stuck it down with a piece of double sided tape. Easy peasy.
4. My super duper favourite way of presenting a letter is to sandwich it between two pieces of baking paper and machine stitch the paper together.
5. The final idea is to fold your letter and tie gently with some torn pieces of fabric.
Happy pen palling peeps! xx
P.S. I'm still taking sign ups for the Creative pen pal swap : information HERE.